Correspondence, 1951-2, relating to the design, commissioning and installation in the College Chapel commemorating William Morgan (1541-1604) and Edmund Prys (1541-1623), both of St John’s College. The correspondents are the Master, E. A. Benians; Francis Williams of the University Welsh Society (Cymdeithas y Mabinogion); F. P. White, Librarian; Hugh Sykes Davies, Fellow of the College; Messrs Rattee & Kett; Edmund Vale, of St John’s College (1888-1969); John Boys Smith, Senior Bursar; Glyn Daniel, Steward; J[ohn Morgan], Archbishop of Wales; E. A. Moelwyn-Hughes, University of Cambridge; A. Watkin Jones, Head of Programmes, and Iris Evans, Welsh Programme Executive at the BBC. The plaque was dedicated in a broadcast service on 19 Feb. 1952. The order of service is included in this collection.
Various sizes. 64 items. Presumably transferred from the papers of E. A. Benians following his death in 1952.
MS, TS and printed. Paper and card.