Experience St John's
The College is currently closed to tourists
The College will be open to tourists on the following dates:
Monday 18th of March - Sunday 21st of April inclusive
Monday 1st of July - Wednesday 2nd of October inclusive
Please note, there may be days when the College has to close at short notice. Information on those dates/times will be posted here as soon as that information is available.
The main visitor route is accessible to all except for entry into the Chapel by those using a wheelchair. A map indicating a route that is accessible for those visitors using a wheelchair to enter the Chapel via a ramped route is available from the main entrance.
Tourism charges 2023/24
- Adults - £12
- Children (12-16) - £6
- Senior Citizens - £6
- Students - £6
- If the Chapel is closed - £6
- Cambridge residents with proof of residency
- All commercial groups of 5 or more people that wish to visit the College, will need to be led by a qualified guide. These guides who are members of the Society of Cambridge Tourist Guides will be provided by Cantab Tours. There is a discounted group booking rate of £6 per person. Booking enquiries should be directed here.
- The College only accepts payments by debit/credit card. Payments by cash are not accepted.
Permitted visitors (no charge) between 10am and 3:30pm
- St John's alumni and their guests
- Cambridge University card holders (including two guests)
- CAMCard holders (including two guests)
- Prospective students and their guests
- Attendees at Chapel services
- Attendees at other events in College