Experience St John's
Visitors and tourists are welcome to visit St John's and experience this unique environment.
We also welcome school visits to the College - see the Open Days and Schools page for more information about taster days and residential visits.
The College is open to visitors and tourists all year round at the following times. Tourist access is through the Great Gate in St John’s Street only.
- 1 March 2018 - 31 October 2018: 10am - 5.00pm
- Other dates (off-season): 10am - 3.30pm
- The College is closed from 25 December 2018 - 2 January 2019
The College will be closed to groups from 14 May 2018 - 28 June 2018, and closed to the public from 16-28 June 2018.
Please note that the College can also close at other times at short notice.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 01223 338606 if you have any queries.
A guided tour of the College is strongly recommended, and a special entry rate of £5.00 per visitor is available for those visiting with a registered guide. Bespoke tours of St John's College and other sites of interest in Cambridge are organised by See Cambridge Differently. Guided tours are also organised by Visit Cambridge.
General tourist charges are as follows:
- Adult: £10
- Children under 12: Free
- Children (12-17), senior citizens & students: £5.00
- Members of the University of Cambridge, Cambridge residents and those visiting the College for academic purposes may enter free of charge.
The tourist route is accessible by all visitors; however the main route enters the Chapel via steps. A map indicating a route that is accessible for those visitors using a wheelchair to enter the Chapel via a ramped route is available from the main entrance.