West Midlands Webinar Series 2022
Please note: If you will be in Year 12 at a state school in the West Midlands in 2022 (i.e. you are currently in Year 11), you can register interest here to receive a notification when applications open next year.
We are excited to be working alongside colleges at both the University of Oxford and University of Cambridge for the West Midlands Webinars 2021. These will be a series of four online sessions for Year 12 students at state schools or sixth form colleges in the West Midlands. This includes St John's link area of Shropshire.
The webinars will cover various aspects of applying to, preparing for, and studying at Oxford and Cambridge. The session are suitable for any student hoping to apply to competitive universities. If you’re a high-achieving student (aiming to achieve above AAA at A Level), intellectually curious and ambitious, then these webinars will be a great start for your university journey.
Programme details will be available soon.
As these sessions will run as Zoom webinars, your camera and microphone will not be enabled, and you will only be able to communicate with the hosts/panelists running the session by typing questions into the Q&A box.
To apply for this programme, you must:
- currently be in Year 12
- be attending a state school or sixth form college in the West Midlands
- The West Midlands are the following regions:
- Telford and Wrekin
We hope to offer as many students as possible a place on these webinars. However, if we have more applications than places available, we will prioritise students who match one or more of the following criteria:
- Have lived, or are currently living, in local authority care
- Are eligible, or have been eligible within the past six years, for free school meals
- Are a refugee
- Have caring responsibilities for a family member
- Live in neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- Have no parental history of higher education
- Have a disability