Richard Berry (d. 1723)
Richard Berry matriculated from St John's, and became BA (1667-8), MA (1671) and LLD (1679). He was a Fellow from 1674.
Berry's gift to the Library
Berry apparently gave "a large number of law books" to the Library, and there are around twelve volumes on Roman law in the Library which bear his mark, nearly all from the 17th century.
The volumes given by Berry bear a spine label with the name "Dr Berry" in gilt.