Miles Bland, Fellow of St John’s College (1786-1867): miscellaneous papers relating to his residence as an undergraduate and as a Fellow at St John’s. Comprising
1. Latin letter (Long Vacation exercise) addressed to the President of the College and to others, 23 Nov. 1806.
2. Examination paper for the College ‘Morality’ [or Moral Philosophy] Prize, 7 Mar. 1808. ‘R[alph] Tatham Examiner’. ‘Adjudged to Ds Bland’. See the University Calendar for 1809, p. 219.
3. Notices of Acts and Opponencies, 1807-15.
4. Senior Moderator’s Book, ‘Examination Senate House’, 1815.
5. ‘Brackets’ for Tripos, 1818. There are six classes. Those in the first class include [John] Henslow and [John] Hinde of St John’s.
6. Printed application for the living of Wilmslow, Cheshire, in the gift of the University, 22 Nov. 1819. Signed by Bland and annotated with mathematical calculations and other notes.
29 fos in all. Drawn from the Miles Bland Collection in or before the 1930s.
All autograph MS unless noted above. Item 4 is a stitched booklet with paper covers.