Experience St John's
Visitors and tourists are welcome to visit St John's and experience this unique environment.
We also welcome school visits to the College - see the Open Days and Schools page for more information about taster days and residential visits.
The College is open to visitors throughout the year. However, the College is closed to the public when College events are taking place and can also close at other times at short notice. Visitor access is via the Great Gate in St John’s St (CB2 1TP) only. General opening times:
· 1 March 2019 – 31 October 2019: 10am – 4pm
· Other dates (off-season) 10am – 3:30pm
- The College is closed to groups from 20 May – 28 June
- The College is closed to visitors from 14 June – 28 June
- The College is closed to visitors and groups on 14 July for an alumni event
- The College is closed from 25 December 2019 – 2 January 2020
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 01223 338606 if you have any queries.
From 1st April 2019, all tour groups of 8 or above who wish to visit the College are required to be accompanied by an Official Cambridge Guide. Please contact Visit Cambridge on email@example.com or phone 01223 791501 to book. No commercial group bookings will be taken by the College. Special entry rates are available for those visiting with an Official Cambridge Guide.
General visitor charges are as follows:
Children under 12: Free
Children (12-17), Senior Citizens & Students: £5
Entrance charge exemptions:
· Johnian alumni and their families – no charge
· Current members of the University of Cambridge holding University Cards with up to two guests – no charge
· Holders of CAMcards with one guest – no charge
· Cambridge residents (with proof of address) – no charge
· Undergraduates of Anglia Ruskin University – no charge
· Prospective candidates for admission as a student and their families – no charge
The tourist route is accessible by all visitors; however the main route enters the Chapel via steps. A map indicating a route that is accessible for those visitors using a wheelchair to enter the Chapel via a ramped route is available from the main entrance.