St John’s College Bb.7.8 (523)

Copy of the original charter of Sedbergh School . Latin. 1818.

The original attested copy of the charter is in the College Archives D59/19. The document was witnessed by Richard William and James Davis, both of Sedbergh on 27 January 1818. The date of the original charter is 14 May 1551. In a single neat early-nineteenth-century hand. The text occupies the rectos of the first 10 folios only.


438 x 283 mm. 46 folios, with margins ruled in red. Bound in brown suede leather over boards with simple blind-tooled border. College bookplate upside-down inside back board.