The Hawks' Club Award
The Hawks' Club Award is open to any athlete, male or female, who is in statu pupillary. The awards are made on the basis of potential or established financial need.
Applications should address the following criteria, which are those that the Trustees will use to judge suitability for an award:
- Applications must be supported by an appropriate senior member of the University able to comment on the applicant's financial circumstances. The most weight is given to those applications that are supported by the applicant's Tutor.
- Applicants should normally be resident members of, and competing for, the University.
- Eligible sports should normally be those for which Cambridge Blues or Half-blues are awarded.
- Financial need must be adequately established, but levels of cost should also be taken into account.
- Excellence in academic or in other extra-curricular areas should weigh in favour of applications.
- If need is equal, actual or potential sporting excellence demonstrated by achievement should be decisive.
- Neither gender nor a wish to spread between sports should influence awards.
The application procedure normally starts in January with a deadline in mid-February. For more Information and the application form, please click on the link below.
Application for a Hawks' Club Award