New accessions: August - September 2016
- DVD ENG.day.val Day of anger [DVD]/ a film by Tonino Valerii.
- DVD ENG.req.liz Requiescant [DVD]/ directed by Carlo Lizzani.
- LF 741.S7.A3 "Dare unchaperoned to gaze" : a woman's view of Edwardian Oxford/ edited by George Garnett ; transcribed by Debbie Quare, Nora Khayi, and Amanda Ingram.
- TC 405.G3 Fabric of space : water, modernity, and the urban imagination/ Matthew Gandy.
- TK 5105.B5 Algebraic codes for data transmission/ Richard E. Blahut, Henry Magnuski Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign.
- ND 1314.C6 Citizen portrait : portrait painting and the urban elite of Tudor and Jacobean England and Wales/ Tarnya Cooper.
- ND 687.B5 Russian canvas : painting in imperial Russia, 1757-1881/ Rosalind P. Blakesley.
- General Interest Novels BEA Sellout/ Paul Beatty.
- General Interest Novels BUR His bloody project : documents relating to the case of Roderick Macrae/ Graeme Macrae Burnet.
- General Interest Novels LEV Hot milk/ Deborah Levy.
- General Interest Novels MOS Eileen/ Ottessa Moshfegh.
- General Interest Novels SZA All that man is/ David Szalay.
- General Interest Novels THI Do not say we have nothing/ Madeleine Thien.
- DA 20.C5 British envoys to the Kaiserreich, 1871-1897. Volume 1. 1871-1883/ edited by Markis MoÌˆsslang and Helen Whatmore.
- DC 147.8.I8 Revolutionary ideas : an intellectual history of the French Revolution from the Rights of Man to Robespierre/ Jonathan Israel.
- DD 247.H5.U4 Hitler : ascent 1889-1939/ Volker Ullrich ; translated from the German by Jefferson Chase.
- DT 33.5.J4 Colonialism and neo-colonialsim/ Jean-Paul Sartre ; translated by Azzedine Haddour, Steve Brewer and Terry McWilliams ; with a preface by Robert Young and a new introduction by Azzedine Haddour.
- E 184.A1.G8 Bind us apart : how enlightened Americans invented racial segregation/ Nicholas Guyatt.
- F 3429.3.H5.Z3 Language, authority, and indigenous history in the comentarios reales de los incas/ Margarita Zamora (assistant professor of Spanish and Ibero-American studies University of Wisconsin, Madison).
- F 574.D457.B5 Last days of Detroit/ Mark Binelli.
Language & Literature
- P 118.R5 Rich languages from poor inputs/ edited by Massimo Piattelli-Palmarini and Robert C. Berwick.
- P 132.M6 Boundaries of Babel : the brain and the enigma of impossible languages/ Andrea Moro.
- PA 6156.A8.C6 Confessions. Books 19-13/ edited and translated by Carolyn J.-B. Hammond.
- PC 4479.P6.P6 Political history of Spanish : the making of a language/ edited by JoseÌ del Valle.
- PE 535.B8.2005 Book of Middle English/ J.A. Burrow and Thorlac Turville-Petre. Third edition.
- PN 183.R4 Rhetoric beyond words : delight and persuasion in the arts of the middle ages/ edited by Mary Carruthers.
- PN 671.M4 Medieval romance and material culture/ edited by Nicholas Perkins.
- PN 688.R6 Ethics and enjoyment in late medieval poetry : love after Aristotle/ Jessica Rosenfeld.
- PQ 9281.A66.B6.v Varieties of JoseÌ Saramago/ Harold Bloom.
- PR 1928.W64.M3 Feminizing Chaucer/ Jill Mann. Revised edition.
- PR 1933.Z6.V3 Rethinking Chaucerian beasts/ edited by Carlynn Van Dyke.
- PR 1940.D3 Medievalism, multilingualism, and Chaucer/ Mary Catherine Davidson.
- PR 1940.S7 Chaucer's choices : through the looking-glass of medieval imagery/ Katarzyna Stadnik.
- PR 275.C65.B6 Politics of 'Pearl' : court poetry in the age of Richard II/ John M. Bowers.
- PR 275.M8.A4 Affective literacies : Writing and Multilingualism in the Late Middle Ages/ Mark Amsler.
- PR 275.M8.H7 Trading tongues : merchants, multilingualism, and medieval literature/ Jonathan Hsy.
- PR 275.S63.B3 Socioliterary practice in late medieval England/ Helen Barr.
- PR 2751.A1.2007 Complete works/ William Shakespeare ; edited by Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen ; chief associate editor: HeÌloiÌˆse SeÌneÌchal.
- PR 3071.S6 Cambridge companion to Shakespeare's First Folio/ edited by Emma Smith.
- PR 3072.S54 Forensic Shakespeare/ Quentin Skinner.
- PR 3085.T3 Shakespeare and the versification of English drama, 1561-1642/ Marina Tarlinskaja, University of Washington, USA.
- PR 3091.B4 This wide and universal theater : Shakespeare in performance then and now/ David Bevington.
- PR 3588.F5 How Milton works/ Stanley Fish.
- PR 428.C48.T3 Common prayer : the language of public devotion in early modern England/ Ramie Targoff.
- PR 448.F74.T6 French language and British literature, 1756-1830/ Marcus Tomalin.
- PR 468.S6.C6 Conflict and difference in nineteenth-century literature/ edited by Dinah Birch and Mark Llewellyn.
- PR 829.E3 Cambridge companion to the English short story/ edited by Ann-Marie Einhaus, Northumbria University.
- PS 3543.I5365.Z46.2007 Memoirs/ Tennessee Williams ; introduction by John Waters.
- PS 3545.I544.C3 Cambridge companion to William Carlos Williams/ edited by Christopher Macgowan, College of William & Mary.
- K 1704.8.L8 New frontiers of empirical labour law research/ edited by Amy Ludlow and Alysia Blackham.
- K 1705.H4 Labour laws and global trade/ Bob Hepple.
- K 301.H4 Medical law and ethics/ Jonathan Herring, Professor of Law, Exeter College, University of Oxford. Sixth edition.
- K 588.A6.B4 Public law adjudication in common law systems : process and substance/ John Bell, Mark Elliott, Jason NE Varuhas and Philip Murray.
- KD 1480.D3.2016 Equity and trusts : text, cases, and materials/ Paul S Davies, MA, Barrister of Lincoln's Inn, Associate Professor in Law, Fellow and Tutor in Law, St Catherine's College, Oxford; Graham Virgo BCL, MA, Bencher of Lincoln's Inn, Professor of English Priva Second edition.
- KD 1480.H8.2016 Equity and trusts/ Alastair Hudson LLB LLM PhD (Lond.), Professor of Equity & Finance Law, University of Exeter, National Teaching Fellow, Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy of Lincoln's Inn, Barrister. Ninth edition.
- KD 1554.A29.R6 Blackstone's statutes on contract, tort and restitution 2016-17/ edited F.D. Rose, PhD, LLD, DCL, of Gray's Inn, Barrister-at-Law, Professor of Maritime and Commercial Law, University of Southampton. Twenty-seventh edition.
- KD 1623.99.R6 Blackstone's statutes on commercial and consumer law 2016-17/ edited by F.D. Rose, PhD, LLD, DCL, of Gray's Inn, Barrister-at-Law, Professor of Maritime and Commercial Law, University of Southampton. Twenty-fifth edition.
- KD 3004.73.K5 Blackstone's statutes on employment law : 2016-2017/ edited by Richard Kidner, MA, BCL (emeritus professor of law, Aberystwyth University).
- KD 3009.C3 Employment law in context : texts and materials/ David Cabrelli, University of Edinburgh. Second edition.
- KD 674.G6 Hanbury and Martin modern equity/ Jamie Glister, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, the University of Sydney; James Lee, Senior Lecturer in Private Law, Dickson Poon School of Law, King's College London; Associate Academic Fellow of the Honourable Soci Twentieth edition.
- KD 674.V5 Principles of equity and trusts/ Graham Virgo, Professor of English Private Law; Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education, University of Cambridge; Fellow of Downing College, Cambridge; Bencher of Lincoln's Inn. Second edition.
- KD 7499.H8 Blackstone's statutes on evidence/ edited by Phil Huxley, LLB, LLM (Former Principal Lecturer at Nottingham Law School, Nottingham Trent University). 14th edition.
- KD 750.H47 Great debates in family law/ Jonathan Herring (professor of law and fellow, Exeter College, Oxford), Rebecca Probert (professor of law, University of Warwick), Stephen Gilmore (senior lecturer in law, King's College, London). Second edition.
- KD 7864.D9 Blackstone's statutes on criminal law : 2016-2017/ edited by Matthew Dyson (Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge). 26th edition.
- KD 7869.P3 Criminal law/ Nicola Padfield, MA (Oxon), Dip Crim (Cantab), DES (Aix-Marseille) Barrister-at-Law, Master of Fitzwilliam College and Reader in Criminal and Penal Justice, University of Cambridge; Bencher of the Middle Temple. Tenth edition.
- KD 7869.S5 Simester and Sullivan's criminal law : theory and doctrine/ A.P. Simester, J.R. Spencer, Findlay Start, G.R. Sullivan and G.J. Virgo. Sixth edition.
- KD 7876.P3 Blackstone's statutes on criminal justice and sentencing/ edited by Nicola Padfield (Master, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, reader in criminal and penal justice, University of Cambridge). 6th edition.
- KD 8371.G5 Murphy on evidence/ Richard Glover (solicitor, senior lecturer, school of law, University of Wolverhampton). Fourteenth edition.
- KD 8371.S63 Evidence of bad character/ JR Spencer; to Mike Redmayne 1967-2015, a much-respected colleague. Third edition.
- KJA 2512.B5 Roman law of obligations/ Peter Birks, edited by Eric Descheemaeker.
- KJE 942.3.W4.2016 Cases and materials on EU law/ Stephen Weatherill. 12th edition.
- R 727.3.S5.2013 Skills for communicating with patients/ Jonathan Silverman (Associate Clinical Dean and Director of Communication Studies, School of Clinical Medicine, University of Cambridge, UK, President-Elect, European Association for Communication in Healthcare), S Third edition.
- R 729.5.G4.S5 Oxford handbook of general practice/ Chantal Simon, general practitioner and executive editor, InnovAiT, Hazel Everitt, general practitioner and clinical lecturer, University of Southampton, FrancÌ§oise van Dorp, general practitioner, guest author, Matt Fourth edition.
- RA 418.C62 Social causes of health and disease/ William C. Cockerham. Second edition.
- RA 418.N4 Sociology of health and illness/ Sarah Nettleton. Third edition.
- RA 418.S22 Contemporary theorists for medical sociology/ edited by Graham Scambler.
- RA 651.B6 Basic epidemiology/ R. Bonita, R. Beaglehole, T. KjellstroÌˆm. Second edition.
- RA 651.C6 Epidemiology for the uninitiated/ D Coggon, Geoffrey Rose, DJP Barker. Fifth edition.
- RA 790.R6 Sociology of mental health and illness/ Anne Rogers and David Pilgrim. Fifth edition.
- RB 112.5.B3.2014 Medical biochemistry/ John W. Baynes, Carolina Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Neuroscience, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, South Carolina, USA ; Marek H. Dominiczak, MD DR Hab Med Fourth edition.
- RB 153.N3 Mims' pathogenesis of infectious disease/ Anthony A. Nash, Robert G. Dalziel, J. Ross Fitzgerald. Sixth edition.
- RB 155.R4.2015 New clinical genetics 3/ Andrew Reid and Dian Donnai. Third edition.
- RB 155.T8 Emery's elements of medical genetics/ Peter D. Turnpenny, BSc, MB, ChB, FRCP, FRCPH (Consultant Clinical Geneticist, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, United Kingdom), Sian Ellard, BS 14th edition.
- RC 46.D3.2014 Davidson's principles and practice of medicine/ edited by Brian R. Walker, Nicki R. Colledge, Stuart H. Ralston and Ian D. Penman ; illustrated by Robert Britton. 22nd edition.
- RC 55.D3.2014 Medicine at a glance/ edited by Patrick Davey, Consultant Cardiologist, Northampton General Hospital Northampton, and Honorary Senior Lecturer, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford. Fourth edition.
- RC 552.E18.D6 Eating behaviour/ Terence M. Dovey.
- RC 552.E18.O3 Psychology of eating : from healthy to disordered behaviour/ Jane Ogden. 2nd edition.
- RC 731.B6.2015 Respiratory medicine : lecture notes/ Stephen J. Bourke (Consultant Physician, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne; Honorary Senior Lecturer, Newcastle University), Graham P. Burns (Consultant Physician, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Ninth edition.
- RC 731.C48.2014 Oxford handbook of respiratory medicine/ Stephen Chapman (Consultant and Senior Lecturer in Respiratory Medicine, Oxford University Hospitals, Oxford), Grace Robinson (Consultant in Respiratory Medicine, Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading), John Stradling Third edition.
- RM 300.K3.2015 Basic and clinical pharmacology/ edited by Bertram G. Katzung, MD, PhD ; associate editor Anthony J. Trevor, Phd. Thirteenth edition.
- M1.M8 Judith : an oratorio/ Thomas Arne ; edited by Simon McVeigh and Peter Lynan.
- B 358.S3.L3 Laws/ Plato ; edited by Malcolm Schofield, University of Cambridge ; translated by Tom Griffith.
- JA 84.U5.N4 Royalist revolution : monarchy and the American founding/ Eric Nelson.
- JC 423.K8 Democracy in retreat : the revolt of the middle class and the worldwide decline of representative government/ Joshua Kurlantzick.
- JC 423.T8 Sleeping sovereign : the invention of modern democracy/ Richard Tuck, Harvard University.
- JZ 1253.H5 Foreign policy in the twenty-first century/ Christopher Hill. Second edition.
- JZ 6385.T3 War, states, and contention : a comparitve historical study/ Sidney Tarrow.
- REF 14 EDUC Writing your journal article in 12 weeks : a guide to academic publishing success/ Wendy Laura Belcher (Princeton University).
- REF.3.DICT.LAT Cassell's Latin dictionary : Latin-English, English-Latin/ by D.P. Simpson, M.A., Asistant Master and formerly Head of the Classical Department at Eton College.
- BJ 1533.K5.T8 Decline of mercy in public life/ Alex Tuckness (Iowa State University), John M. Parrish (Loyola Marymount University).
- BL 65.V5.C38 Myth of religious violence : secular ideology and the roots of modern conflict/ William T. Cavanaugh.
- BX 1795.H85.R4 Theology and the boundary discourse of human rights/ Ethna Regan.
- QA 268.R5 Modern coding theory/ Tom Richardson (Qualcomm, Inc.), RuÌˆdiger Urbanke (Ecole Polytechnique FeÌdeÌrale de Lausanne).
- QA 300.B73 Radical approach to real analysis/ David Bressoud. Second edition.
- QA 320.B73 Functional analysis, sobolev spaces and partial differential equations/ Haim Brezis.
- QA 76.17.C3 Computer : a history of the information machine/ Martin Campbell-Kelly, William Aspray, Nathan Ensmenger, Jeffrey R. Yost. Third edition.
- QA 76.73.P9 Primer on scientific programming with python/ Hans Petter Langtangen. Fifth edition.
- QB 501.V5 History of the solar system/ Claudio Vita-Finzi.
- QD 172.T6.W5.2015 D-block chemistry/ Mark J. Winter. Second edition.
- QD 251.3.K5 Organic chemistry/ David Klein, John Hopkins University. Second edition.
- QD 471.K4 Chemical structure and reactivity : an integrated approach/ James Keller, Department of Chemistry and Selwyn College, University of Cambridge and Peter Wothers, Department of Chemistry and St Catharine's College, University of Cambridge. Second edition.
- QH 15.F7 Ancient natural history : histories of nature/ Roger French.
- QH 548.A7 One plus one equals one : symbiosis and the evolution of complex life/ John Archibald.
- QM 25.S7 Anatomy/ Louise Stenhouse, BSc(Hons) MBChB(Hons), Foundation year 2 doctor, NHS Fife, Kirkcaldy, Fife, UK. Fourth edition.
- QP 31.2.S5 Animal physiology : from genes to organisms/ Lauralee Sherwood (Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, West Virginia University), Hillar Klandorf (Division of Animal and Nutritional Sciences, West Virginia University), Paul H. Yan Second edition.
- QR 201.B34.S3.2013 Schaechter's mechanisms of microbial disease/ [edited by] N. Cary Engleberg, Victor J. DiRita, Terence S. Dermody. Fifth edition.
- QR 389.C3.2016 Principles of molecular virology/ Alan J. Cann, Department of Biology, University of Leicester, UK. Sixth edition.
- QR 46.G6.2013 Mims' medical microbiology/ Richard V Goering, Hazel M Dockrell, Mark Zuckerman, Peter L Chiodini, Ivan M Riott. Fifth edition.
- HB 76.H4.2000 Worldly philosophers : the lives, times, and ideas of the great economic thinkers/ Robert L. Heilbroner. Revised seventh edition.
- HC 79.E5.P4 Natural resource and environmental economics/ Roger Perman, Yue Ma, Michael Common, David Maddison, James McGilvray. Fourth edition.
- HD 608.F3 Farms in England : prehistoric to present/ [edited by] Peter Fowler.
- HD 7287.55.A2 Financialization of housing : a political economy approach/ Manuel B. Aalbers.
- HF 5415.13.K67 Marketing management/ Philip Kotler, Kevin Lane Keller, Mairead Brady, Malcolm Goodman, Torben Hansen. Third edition.
- HG 4529.5.C7 Postmodern investment : facts and fallacies of growing wealth in a multi-asset world/ Garry B. Crowder, Thomas Schneeweis, Hossein Kazemi.
- HM 1136.L3 Rethinking life at the margins : the assemblage of contexts, subjects and politics/ edited by Michele Lancione.
- HM 866.A7 On violence/ Hannah Arendt.
- HN 398.E5.M56 Rural life in Victorian England/ by G.E. Mingay, Professor of Agrarian History at the University of Kent in Canterbury.
- HT 133.L5 Making of English towns : 2000 years of evolution/ David W. Lloyd.
- HT 169.G7.B8 Towns in the making/ by Gerald Burke.
- HT 178.G7.L5.2001 City builders : property development in New York and London, 1980-2000/ Susan S. Fainstein. Second edition, revised.
- HT 361.G5 Triumph of the city/ Edward Glaeser.
- HX 39.5.S7 Karl Marx : greatness and illusion/ Gareth Stedman Jones.
- HX 806.U8 Utopia/ Thomas More ; edited by George M. Logan ; translated by Robert M. Adams. Third edition.
- HX 810.5.W5 Thomas More's Utopia : arguing for social justice/ Lawrence Wilde.
Very Short Introduction
- VSI Colonial Latin American Literature Colonial Latin American literature: a very short introduction/ Rolena Adorno.
- VSI Postcolonialism Postcolonialism : a very short introduction/ Robert J.C. Young.
- SF 756.5.N5.2010 Introduction to veterinary genetics/ F.W. Nicholas (Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Australia). Third edition.
- SF 767.C29.F4 August's consultations in feline internal medicine/ edited by Susan E. Little, DVM, DABVP (Feline).
- SF 769.B7 BSAVA manual of canine and feline clinical pathology/ editors, Elizabeth Villiers BVSc DipRCPath CertVR CertSAM MRCVS (Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ES) and Laura Blackwood BVMS PhD MVM CertVR
- SF 772.58.A8 Atlas of small animal ultrasonography/ edited by Dominique Penninck, Marc-AndreÌ d'Anjou. Second edition.
- SF 895.D48 Practical guide to canine and feline neurology/ edited by Curtis W. Dewey, Ronaldo C. da Costa. Third edition.
- SF 914.4.B7.2016 Brinker, Piermattei and Flo's handbook of small animal orthopedics and fracture repair/ Charles E. DeCamp, DVM, MS; Spencer A. Johnston, VMD; LoiÌˆc M. DeÌjardin, DVM, MS; Susan L. Schaefer, MS, DVM. Fifth edition.
- SF 914.4.G4 BSAVA manual of canine and feline fracture repair and management/ Toby J. Gemmill, Dylan N. Clements. Second edition.
- SF 914.D8 BSAVA manual of canine and feline anaesthesia and analgesia/ editors, Tanya Duke-Novakovski, Marieke de Vries, Chris Seymour. Thrid edition.
- SF 914.L4 Handbook of small animal regional anesthesia and analgesia techniques/ Phillip Lerche, Turi K. Aarnes, Gwen Covey-Crump, Fernando Martinez Taboada.
- SF 961.C6 Bovine medicine/ edited by Peter D. Cockcroft. Third edition.
- SF 968.S3 Sheep medicine/ Philip R. Scott, Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, Large Animal Hospital, University of Edinburgh. Second edition.