Arms and inscription of Patrick Melvill (fl. 1637)

Inscribed leaf inserted at the front of John Davies' Welsh-Latin dictionary (1632) bearing an extended note with the name Patrick Melvill, and the date 1637, on the recto, together with a hand-painted coat of arms on the verso. The inscription states that Melvill gained an MA at St Andrews University, but was incorporated at St John's, and that he left two volumes to the College, the current one and a Book of common prayer (1637).