Skip to main content

Undergraduate Academic Research Projects

Programme Details

A number of grants from College funds are available to support undergraduate academic research projects or academic Summer Schools related to their courses, to be undertaken in the Long Vacation at a University, including Cambridge, or other approved academic institutions. All undergraduate students, including finalists, are eligible.

Undergraduates may make one application per year and funding is available from the following funds:

General Fund

To support undergraduate academic research projects or academic Summer Schools.

Peter Munn Fund

To support Engineering students by providing funding for a specific project/research.

Parsons Fund

To provide grants to resident Johnians (undergraduates and postgraduates) towards the costs of projects with links to Greece (Modern or Ancient) or the Eastern Mediterranean. To also provide grants towards costs of music projects or to enhance musical skills.

Robert Tong Bursary

To offer free accommodation and access to the Library at Queen Mary, University of London during a set period in the Long Vacation. For 2019: Monday 8 July - Saturday 3 August. Graduates are also eligible to apply.



The application deadline for Long Vacation 2019 has now passed.

Student Services would be happy to respond to informal enquiries and requests for information.