College Research Associates
1. St John’s College intends to appoint up to six College Research Associates from 1 September 2018.
2. Candidates must be of postdoctoral standing, and may be graduates of any University. They would normally hold awards made in a national or international competition for the purpose of conducting research in the University of Cambridge or at an associated research institution, as listed here: http://www.cam.ac.uk/university-a-z. Examples of such awards are the Royal Society University Research Fellowships, British Academy Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, Research Council Fellowships or Wellcome Trust Career Development Fellowships.*
*The College is aware that the results of the Royal Society and British Academy Fellowship competitions are not confirmed until May 2018. Potential recipients of these awards may still apply for this scheme and if shortlisted for a College Research Associate position, will be asked to confirm that funding has been secured for a postdoctoral position in Cambridge.
3. There are no conditions of subject attached to these positions, but the successful applicants are likely to be within six years of having completed the requirements for the PhD (or equivalent) degree. Candidates will be selected by reference to their ability to contribute to the intellectual, educational and social life of the College.
4. The appointment of College Research Associate will normally be coterminous with the postdoctoral award in the University of Cambridge.
5. Membership of the College and various College benefits including a High Table dining privilege are offered though no stipend or honorarium will be payable, and no room or accommodation will be provided. The positions do not carry any teaching obligation, but involvement in College life is welcomed. Such involvement might for example take the form of outreach projects, mentoring students or teaching.
6. The application site will open on Thursday 15 February 2018. Applications must be received by 14:00 BST on Thursday 3 May, 2018. All applications must be submitted online at https://sjcamrf.flexigrant.com.
7. Shortlisted candidates are expected to be interviewed on Monday 25 June, 2018.
8. Short-listed candidates who accept an equivalent post-doctoral affiliation from another Cambridge College will be deemed to have withdrawn from St John’s College’s College Research Associates competition.