Brian Runnett Prize Competition 2017
The Brian Runnett Prize for organ playing is open to all Junior Members of the University, and the competition will take place on Thursday 21 February 2017 in St John’s College Chapel.
- Candidates will be required to play one work from List A and one work from List B:
Byrd Fantasia in A minor (Fitzwilliam Virginal Book, vol 1, no LII, Dover Edition p 188; no repeats)
Buxtehude Präludium in F sharp minor (BuxWV 146)
J.S. Bach Fugue in C BWV (564iii)
J.S. Bach ‘Vater unser im Himmelreich’ (BWV 682)
J.S. Bach Prelude and Fugue in G (BWV 541)
J.S. Bach Prelude in E Flat major (BWV 552)
Franck Choral no 2
Widor Symphony no. 6 (First movement, Allegro)
Howells Rhapsody no. 3
Messiaen Sortie (Messe de la Pentecôte)
Hindemith Sonata II
Messiaen Les Bergers (La Nativité du Seigneur)
- The St John’s College Chapel Organ will be available for practice (two hours per candidate) during the fortnight before the Competition.
- Intending candidates should inform Caroline Marks, Choir Administrator (email@example.com) by Friday 20 January 2017.
- In the event of a large entry, a short-listing procedure will be implemented.
- There will be three adjudicators: Mr David Dunnett, Mr Geraint Bowen and Mr John Challenger.
- The value of the prize is £800.