The Biographical Archive is a rich source of information on Johnians from throughout the College’s history. The Biographical Librarian welcomes enquiries from those researching members of the College, such as genealogists and biographers. Researchers should contact Fiona in writing, ideally via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the address below:
Mrs Fiona Colbert
St John's College
Please include your name and full contact details (email and postal addresses, and telephone number) and outline the nature of your enquiry, providing as many of the following details as possible:
- full name (including name at admission to the College, if different) of the person you are researching
- the year they came up to St John’s
- other key details about the person which you already know
- references to sources you have already investigated
- the reason for your interest (e.g. ancestor investigating your family tree, biographer, student researching for thesis, journalist, etc – and please indicate if you are a Johnian yourself)
- your deadline (if applicable)*
Fiona's telephone number is 01223 338772, but please note email is the preferred method of communication. Messages left on voicemail or with another member of College staff which only include a phone number and no other contact details will result in only two attempts to return the call, therefore those without a messaging service should phone again after a week if they have not received a response.
* Please note that due to the large number of enquiries received, it may take a while for your enquiry to be answered fully, but an acknowledgement will be sent within a few days of receipt.