The Archive collection contains the drawings and plans for the late 19th century reconstruction of the kitchen and its offices. The architect selected for the job was Henry C. Boyes of London. Boyes submitted is plan to the College in 1891. SF Halliday of Stamford submitted the lowest tender of £1,900 for the work but for various reasons the project was delayed until 1893 by which time Halliday's fee had increased to £2,920.
Whiteleys of Bayswater was hired to provide meals whilst the internal renovations were underway. A temporary hut was set up in First Court, at a cost of £150. The temporary 'kitchen' was erected in June 1893 and removed on 24 October 1893.
Clement Jeakes of Bloomsbury supplied the new kitchen equipment at a cost 'not to exceed £550'.